Monday, September 26, 2005

68 days to go and counting

Yep! A little over just 2 months to go! Whew. And we started preps at 14 months before the wedding (official engagement date is October 5). Wow is all I can say. Time flies fast, and with many things to do it seems even faster.

Contrary to most brides I am not in panic mode right now. I'd like to think I'm still on the right track when it comes to the preps. So far, the biggest things on my to-do list are as follows:

1. Prenups at Tagaytay - scheduled on October 2
2. Distribute invites - scheduled weekends of October, but have to send out out-of-the-country invites this week.
3. Pre-cana seminar and interview - hopefully a weekend in October. I'm planning to drop by ICC sana this sat, October 1, but have to check out what office hours are.
4. Finish wrapping all gifts - so far, done with all PS, BM, GM, SS. Need a gift for the MOH and Bestman. Hay. Still looking around for gifts for them, though I might be able to give my MOH a lipstick of so. :-) That leaves just the Bestman to worry about. Souvenirs will hopefully be finished by end of the week.
5. Bring gown top (Corset) to Ready-to-Wed for final fitting. The spag straps are still too loose.
6. Ento attire and mom's attire are still in the making, sent the dp to the modista already and hopefully I won't suffer any headaches from her kundi.... hay. Tabs' dad will be arriving sometime October so we will have to sked their attires pa (Tabs' dad, brothers (Groomsmen).
7. AVP - for reception - will wait for the prenup pics of course. sayang naman ang effort. Although I'd still have to squeeze this in kasi dami na rin work starting next week. This also includes streamers for Windmills.
8. Burn music for ceremony and reception.
9. Other stuff to buy: dressing up attire, accessories for the hair, bracelets. Syempre dapat maganda pa rin! hehehe... and I'd have to also but tabs that watch he's been asking for as a gift. :-)
10. Have missallete approved and photocopied. For the members of the entourage lang. Others have to watch na lang. Baka magbasa lang sila buong mass e.

That's not too much, given that I can work on one thing in a few days I think I'm still ok. :-) The most stressful detail I think right now is having to go to all the sponsors and meeting up with the invitees to give them their invites. hay.
*******

On the homefront! Finished moving in most of the stuff. We have almost everything needed for a home, except the microwave, tv, washing machine, bedframe, and sofa. First three will be gifts so needn't worry about it. I even ventured on cooking caldereta for my darling husband to be. Thanks to the recipe from Del Monte which I got in one of those bridal mags, it was a hit. We had it for dinner and there was still enough for tabs to take to lunch the following day.
I had originally planned to cook him breakfast and dinner every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, days when I don't have class. Oh, did I say only tabs sleeps at the apartment? I have not officially moved in because that will have to wait till December 3. :-) So anyway, we decided it was too tiring and too expensive (transport fare and all) so it'll just be mornings or evenings. Evenings that I don't have class meetings of course. But all in all that works fine for me because I also want to see to it that he eats right and that stuff around the house are organized. Not to say, of course, that Tabs doesn't clean house. He does, but since he gets home late there might be stuff he won't be able to do.
*****

What have I learned? We are not actually living together since I don't sleep there, but having said that, potentially sharing an apartment with tabs has taught me a few things already. Number 1: I like the house neat, and I mean no unwashed dishes, clean floors, i want the bedsheets stretched out, pillows neatly placed on the bed. In fairness to my future husband, he is quite neat at home as well, so I need not worry about any fights over trivial kalat around the house.
I realized I really would like to learn how to cook. Two breakfasts and three dinners after, I know I still have a lot of work to do, I've only been able to cook one real meal, the rest have been more like breakfasts. hehe...
I also learned that tabs will sleep whenever he can, he himself has a lot of stuff to learn, but I'm glad that when I step into the house I find that it is still clean. hehehe....

1 comment:

Aggie said...

I gave Edil a watch din for our wedding :) A Kenneth Cole one which he loved. Sya wala!!! HAHAHA! Regalo nya sa akin yung kasal :)