Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jess is starting school!

And finally, I got to enroll Jess to nursery at the pre-school nearby. The place itself is just a few blocks from here and is very easy to go to. Jess and yaya will just walk to school (great exercise). Now I realize though I'd have to prepare her an umbrella and a raincoat for the rainy season. Good thing last week there was a back to school sale in robinsons so I already got Jess her black shoes, rubber shoes, socks and school bag. yipee. fewer things to buy. The teacher did give a few more things on a list to buy, and I'll get to that as soon as school is nearer. She also put on the list 6 notebooks (how can nursery kids use notebooks??) and pad paper for grade 1. Not used to the idea of tests, seriously, but I guess they can make that work. Which makes me realize perhaps I'm just not teacher material. :-p
Oh, and they have a uniform, which is a dress for girls which is blue (or is it black) and white checkered - dress. love it! just imagining Jess on her uniform makes me all excited for her to go to school. School starts on June 14 and its just 2 hours a day, and there's really no pressure for her to go everyday. I take this schoolyear as just an in intro for her to go to school and enjoy it with new playmates. Doesn't matter if she doesn't learn to write or to count to a 100. :-) I'm sure she will get to that on her own phase, and I'm sure she'll be just as bright and smart as her mom and dad. :-)

No comments: