Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meet the MAC OS Lion X

Ok, I'm not quite sure which comes first or last between these 3: OS Lion X.  Whichever it is I don't really care. Anyhow, I'm quite happy and satisfied.  When we bought Macky the other week I knew we were automatically qualified for an upgrade to the Lion OS X, since what is installed in the laptops are still the leopard versions.  The guy from PowerMac told us it generally takes around 2 weeks, so I was really happy when I got the email last night that gave the password for me to download the free upgrade (a $29.99 deal in iTunes!).  It was a whopping 3GB that had to be downloaded and I was getting up in the middle of the night.  I almost didn't get to finish the download this morning, luckily it did and I was able to install it before I went to the office.  I'm so far happy with it, like shifting from a Windows XP to a Windows 7 (pardon the comparison, but its the simplest way to say it!).  I've yet to learn all the other perks of this new OS, but so far I'm liking it.  In the scheme of things though, in so far as Mac expertise is concerned, I'd say I'm 5 out of 10! Lots to learn still!!!!

No comments: