Friday, August 12, 2011

Got my wish! ME and MACKY!

For so long a time, I've wanted a macbook.  It wasn't just a spur of the moment thing, it was the type of thing I wanted to own because I loved how it looked and its a perfect tool for my creative side (ok, i'm not that creative, and windows can do the same things, but a mac looks so much nicer!).  And for me, if ever I were to buy another laptop, why waste money on another windows-based laptop (no matter how powerful) when all I really want is a mac?  But its just too expensive, right?
So anyway, fast forward to a few months after.  I had to have my office laptop reformatted because the system we use in our office got corrupted (by Adobe Photoshop... so they say).  After that, I was told not to install photoshop there so I won't corrupt the system again.  Problem is, I've been meaning on working on the digital printing business for the longest time, and I need photoshop for that.  The only laptop with Photoshop now is the netbook, which is also being used by my studying housekeeper, and I don't really want to deprive her of that.  Besides that, its also so slow, that it takes a while getting anything done.  
So really, I'm just justifying that I needed the mac, the VERY EXPENSIVE MAC, which by the way, I can't pay in cash.  Now comes the tricky part!  I was looking through the internet for possible sellers and all of them are actually pricing the mac the same way.  I was really hoping I can get something that would allow me to pay it in installment.  And then it hit me that perhaps, we can transfer some of hubby's credit limit so that its converted to an SIP (Installment credit line).  And when I called the customer service of the bank, they said its possible.  Next hurdle is to convince the hubby.  This was not too difficult since he knew I had the means to pay for it if its installment anyway.  And I was only plotting for a simple white macbook but he was the one who told me I should get a macbook pro instead.  So in the end, he agreed.  And here we have my new baby!  Its not paid yet, but i love it to bits!  Here's to many years of friendship for me and my mac!


No comments: