Monday, April 24, 2006

changes in my life

at age 27 one realizes that its time to think of your future plans more seriously. Gone are the days when we say, "at age x, i should be doing this". We look back at the things we haven't been able to do and make it a point to say that next year, I'll be doing this and that.
And so with my career. After my 2 and half year stint here in my current employer, I realize my career was going nowhere. Not that I'm bragging but I do feel that I deserve more. I graduated from the best high school and university in the Philippines, and yet after 4 and a half years of experience, I'm a rank-and-file employee spending so much more than she earns. I had to wait for the bond of my employment contract to lapse though, and the timing was just right. In January I had my friend send out my resume to this big(ger) company and waited. February they gave me a call. 3 months, 3 interviews, 1 exam, 1 medical test and my new job was for the taking. And I'm finally, after so many years (since my first job, actually) proud again at my accomplishment.
Yup, so I'm moving out of my job, finally got the job offer on monday, and immediately after I tendered my resignation. All in good faith, really. I'll be doing the same job at a new environment, and though there are some recent "not so good news" lately I think I should be able to adjust soon. Of course not after a few sad moments missing my officemates here who have been so much a part of my life, they've been so happy for me ever since I can remember. :-) Anyways, hopefully, this will be a start of the new era of ME.
****************************************
On the home front, not much to tell except that I'm really happy there are no "big" issues. We don't really fight, we have a lot of fun times, and its generally the "dream life" I've longed for. I don't think blogging about the death (murder/parricide) of cockroaches would make a good story, so I'll leave it at that. On a scale of 1 to 10, my married life is definitely a 100!!!
****************************************
While the holy week holidays were spent with my in-laws, this Sunday had us out of the house and into a family gathering for my side of the clan. Tabs of course was there, the first gathering outside of home he spent with us, and its good that he seems to be adjusting well too. We went to Luntiang Paraiso in Guiguinto, Bulacan and spent the day eating, sleeping, dipping in the pool, and generally chatting with my family. I have to admit, I really miss being with my family. Everything seems different when you move out, fun, but different. I still find it easy to carry on conversations with everyone, but when it comes to goodbyes, its still pretty sad. Anyways, its nice to have spent the day with my sisters and parents and the kids. It gets me to thinking though, if my babies will ever get to be as close to my nieces and nephews as they are to each other now...
****************************************
Oh well, till my next post! still have so more stories to tell, but hopefully i'll be able to blog about it soon.

1 comment:

arGlene said...

Congratulations on your new job Jennie! =)