Thursday, April 06, 2006

nice things

one of the nicer things about being newlywed is when you hear your husband gushing over the small things in your life. last night when he got home and saw me frying tilapia, he said he liked what would be our dinner. The meal was rice, tilapia and ginisang pechay. I appreciate that he appreciates my cooking. and lately i find out that its easier and cheaper and more appreciated if i cook the food from scratch rather than to rely on the mixes that come in supermarkets.
and last night in bed before we drifted off to sleep, my husband told me that he finds the tapa delicious and that he wanted to have that for his lunch the following day. Of course I'm thrilled. The tapa was a new discovery of mine. Got the recipe of the marinade off the cookbook and voila! he liked it. so that's what i cooked for him for his lunch (we both bring lunch to the office as much as possible, its cheaper and healthier too). This afternoon he texted me again that it was really delicious. Awwww.... he rarely compliments, which is why I appreciate that he does that once in a while.
I'm getting pimples. drat. i think its hormones+summer heat+stress. I have two more exams (one today and another on Monday) before I can call it a sem (end of sem, that is). After that its only 2 more subjects and then I'm done with my MBA. Time flies so fast. Last I remember I got married, then christmas, then new years, then valentines, then my birthday and now its almost holy week. after the summer days are over its another two trimesters to go. We are also considering making a baby but I figure, deep inside, that while I want to have a baby already, I also want to become financially stable by myself. Right now I'm depending too much on my husband despite having my own work. And I think that's not good. Like my officemates and I were discussing, its important for a woman (and a wife) to have her own savings as well, just to ensure that whatever happens, she can live on her own. That's good food for thought. I'll have to start planning for my life too. but that said, it means FIND YOURSELF A NEW JOB or FIND ANOTHER JOB. Now that's a challenge. And something to think about during the summer break (from school).

No comments: