Sunday, August 19, 2007

dsl/landline bundle of horror

like i said 2 postings ago, i had a horrible experience with my service provider: Globelines/Innove. and till now i can't seem to let go of the fact that their continued negligence led the matter this far. I mean, I'm pretty much not a noisy/uncontrollable bitch when it comes to these things but this last encounter with them really,really tested my patience, not to mention my sanity. ok, it went like this:
we had the landline/dsl bundle installed last may 2007. prior to this we had their data only service, which was really ok, very few downtimes, i can't remember an incident where i was pissed off with them. now, when the landline was installed in may, they put in a different modem, actually now its a router, which was faulty in itself. They had to replace it 3x because it kept crashing and we kept losing the internet connection. i was ok despite hubby's protests that the service sucks. they always came whenever i called in the problem, anyways. but then, after this, now its the landline or internet that crashes. I had to call every 2 weeks (at most!!!) to have the phone repaired. worse, when the phone is repaired, we lose the broadband after. it was so frustrating. every two weeks i would call their hotline, request for them to repair the landline, then they would repair it, i lose my broadband, and i'll call their technical support for broadband, and then they fixed it. It has become routine. i hated it, but what was i to do? i don't like the situation, but at least they reacted within their 24-48 hour window.
then on august 9, evening, no dial tone again. called up their customer service and requested for repair. august 10, early morning, the dial tone was restored. surfed for a while, then come lunchtime i lost both dial tone and dsl access. called it in again. hubby of course, will be mad since its a weekend and weekend nights are spent playing DOTA. saturday, no show, no access, no repairmen coming in, followed it up, its supposed to be lined up for repair. sunday, i was already mad, followed up again 2 or 3 times. asked them to call me for feedback on the status. nada.
monday morning, i followed it up again, the csr (customer service rep) tells me the request was closed already.... huwaaaat???? how can they close the request without checking if the line is ok??? i didn't get any phonecall or visit from them checking if its ok. asked them to expedite the new (??) request.
to cut this long story short, this happened 3x for the next few days. i would call, they tell me that the request is closed, i'd get mad and i'd nag their CSR. i even asked for their supervisor, who was kind enough to provide feedback that she's coordinating the case already, this was tuesday, but after this no follow-up or resolution was still done. you can only imagine how mad i was already. i was mad at their technicians because they KEPT ON CLOSING MY REQUEST WITHOUT CHECKING IF MY LINE WAS OK. They kept going to the cabinet, a few blocks away, i suppose, checking the line there and changing this and that part. they could've visited my house, checking if the line there was the problem, RIGHT??? and i was angry at the CSR's because whenever i'd ask them to call me for feedback, it came unto deaf ears. I made 34+ calls to them from August 10 to August 16. Each call ranged from 10-30minutes. I even had an instance when I was put on hold by a CSR named Sam, for more than 30minutes! I used the second line on my cellphone to call them again and ask what the hell was their problem putting me on hold for sooo long!!!
august 16, i was at the end of my sanity. despite soooo many follow-ups, still no repairman, still the same old answers from them, still no feedback at the very least. i went to their globe business center. told them that if they don't repair the line that day, just cancel the request and terminate my account, i'd get service from another service provider. This was around 3pm. The Account officer there tells me again they will prioritize this request, that he will directly handle my case, and give me a call to update. NO ONE CALLED. THE LINE WAS NOT FIXED.
august 17, i called them again, this time i was calm enough to tell them to just get their modem and telephone and cancel my subscription. i hated them sooo much already. they fixed the line after lunch. apparently it took them only a few minutes because the line inside our compound was cut (or something to that effect). a few minutes. it took them 7 days to get here, 34 phone calls and follow-ups. they could have gone here a few days earlier and the situation couldn't have gotten this bad.
right now i'm testing the waters, i want to file a formal complaint with their customer care but i'm still really feeling so much anger so i'm delaying it a bit.I dunno, I mean, I did my part, in all angles, I can't see why I should be blamed for this. They really disappointed me, which is an understatement, because I can't imagine, for the life of me, how they could be this negligent.
hay, my ranting won't stop if i continue to write. this is just a warning to whoever is out there contemplating about getting them, I know there are satisfied subscribers. Good for them. But for me, the experience was definitely traumatic.

No comments: