Thursday, August 23, 2007

i'm back

I miss blogging. Haven't blogged since I got back to work. I don't even have the time to write paid posts. Well, actually there's not much opps to write about so its ok. Unfortunately I can't log in to my blog because its restricted in the office. I'd have to post my postings at home.

Work is relatively easy (read: manageable) these days and I haven't felt this Unstressed since I got into this company. But usually at night I feel so stressed already more because I want to spend quality time with Jessica when I get home. If she's awake I usually get her when I get home and then cook dinner. Dinners are usually very early (around 7) and when Jessica is awake I spend the time carrying her around and talking to her. Normally she'd be awake till past 9 so after that I have to pump some milk first. I realize I need to buy natalac to increase my milk supply since I don’t want to stop breastfeeding yet. I really am thankful that we live very near to our offices so I get to spend as much time as we can with Jessica. We leave for the office before 8am and we get to the office in around 15minutes. So in the mornings I still get to hold Jessica as long as she's awake. At nights she wakes up somewhere between 12 and 2, and after that at around 4 am. Sometimes she doesn't ask for milk at 4am and wriggles around half-asleep till 5:30. At her young age, Jessica sleeps like her dad, moving around a lot. I'm actually contemplating asking hubby if its ok to put jessica in the middle of the bed (I'm at the middle now), but then, I'd be half-awake checking up on her so her dad won't crush her, and I'd hear a lot of complaints from hubby about feeling unimportant. I hear quite a lot of drama already from him as it is.

BTW, last Monday, we went to Blow-up Babies for Jessica's first photo session. We chose the egg set-up and the shoe set-up and we wanted a family portrait. Midway through the egg session (where Jessica was wearing yellow hooded onesies), she started to cry because she was already sleepy. We had to pull her through the rest of the photo sessions. I admire that their photographers and assistants try their best to make the babies laugh. There were really some instances when Jessica was already crying, and they would talk to her or pull up props to catch her attention. In the end we ordered prints for the egg session in collage (since Jessica had more nicer pictures in this session) and 1 in the egg session. I decided against the family portrait because I felt fat in the pics. Hahaha. The pics will be out by this coming Monday. Can't wait! I'll definitely scan those pics after I get them so I can give it away to our families when we meet next weekend. I'm really very glad our best friends (Jessica's godparents) gave us the free membership as a gift. I think its really worth it considering we're getting these for free:

- 1 8R print - worth 800
- 1 upgrade to collage - worth 800 also
- 3 birthday GCs - 1 for me (March), Hubby (December) and Jessica (May) and a 5R print upgradable to an 8R print for 300.

- other discounts which I might not use, except for the membership next year which I'm really contemplating, so I might buy their free membership GC at 20% off.

I'm kinda hoping we can have pictorials at least every other month, but I figure I'd have to negotiate this with my hubby first. Hehe… Pending the outcome of the pics, I'd say I'm quite satisfied with BUB's service. Even if it’s an expensive investment (with prints at 800 per 8R page), I figure that our baby will be a baby only once in her life. After she's passed the infant phase there won't be any turning back so I want to have as much memories from her childhood as we possibly can. :-)

No comments: