Monday, November 12, 2007

venting

I so have to vent my frustrations at work!!! i know its not healthy at all to be harboring this much negative energy, but the day's events have really taken a toll on my stress levels.
today at work my boss told me that I'm supposed to handle another set of workload at the office. I was, to say the least, shocked! Just last friday, I accepted around 40-50% more work to enable my co-worker to absorb some more work. And then this afternoon someone tells me like "hey, this is your work!" OMG! I couldn't stop myself from airing my concern with my boss. But I stopped there. But then I had to tell anyone who would listen how really pissed off with the situation. Irregardless of him saying I'm efficient and that he is impressed with my capabilities, I feel soooo pissed off because of their assumption that because a person is efficient, its ok to add to them more work, and that they will wholeheartedly accept the new assignment. Not me. I've just had it with the additional workload. For one thing, I know my priorities. And I believe that I perform well in my work, I know that much. But I am not willing to sacrifice my time for the sake of pleasing my boss, or anyone else for that matter. And I also do not want to sacrifice my efficiencies and leave my internal customers with a bad impression of me.
And so I had to tell my boss. After ranting on the way home to my hubby, I texted my boss that i cannot accept any more additional workload after they added the ones they added last week. I cited that the new work entails hours and hours of meetings with clients and suppliers alike, and I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my work.
Hay, I still don't think I can sleep tonight because I still feel pissed off. Which is why I've got to vent some first.

No comments: