Monday, November 08, 2004

My updates and shortlists and things to do

In an effort to bring order to my otherwise chaotic thoughts (since wedding preps have suddenly occupied 50% of my brain content, the other 30% work, 10% MBA, and the other 10% for other stuff. whew!) I will list down the stuff that is currently filling my thoughts.
1. Churches: My shortlist
- Twin Hearts
- Sta. Rita de Cascia
- San Sebastian (small chance though)
we really, really need to decide on the church already. i might devote another saturday (nov. 13) to scout a few more churches (to my mind, st. peter in commonwealth, dela strada in katipunan) and hopefully I can decide which to endorse to tabs by that weekend, will try to sked an ocular inspection (final 2 churches) on nov. 15 - schedule permitting of course.
target venue reservation is Nov. 27
2. Reception Venues:
- Bahay Kalinao, UP - small venue, but I guess the UP setting means a lot to me because tabs and i spent our first 5 years together in UP, sort of the foundation for our relationship and for our future.
- Batis Asul, Heroes Hill, QC - they can lend the place at a modest rate, I think, though I would have to check it first. Wasn't able to go there last satuday because they were busy.
I think the best option for me is to get a small place with a cheap rental fee and then if needed, hire an event stylist, that way we can make the venue a lot more beautiful.
3. Caterer
- Robert Camba - really cheap packages and he has a lot of inclusions. Am seriously considering him and I'm thinking we have to book for a caterer before the end of the year to avail of 2004 rates. He also lends on first come first serve tiffany chairs for all guests.
- Batis Asul - they have this premiere package that includes styling of the venue which to me is very appealing. I'm thinking it would be best if we get their reception venue as well.
- Auffrance - they also have cheap rates and I'm looking into it still. Might consider them also because they also have lots of freebies.
- ?? still looking
Target reservation date for caterer: end dec 2004 (hopefully I can avail 2004 rates)
4. Photo-Video
I'm at a loss as far as this is concerned. I'm thinking I should concentrate more on the photo rather than the video. But I want to get the really good photogs with the photojournalistic touch. I don't like standard shots that much, I want the pictures to capture the happiness and the love of that day. So far here are the top suppliers i'm eyeing:
- Little Dreams (Mel Cortez)
- Paragon (Jessica Lara)
- Folrana
Hopefully I can really shortlist and maybe visit a few suppliers soon. Target date of confirming with photo-video is January (maybe at the bridal fair?)
5. Gown - saw the magazine I bought last sunday. made me so excited to choose a gown already. For once in my life I want to look like a princess. It touches me so much whenever tabs mentions that he wants me to take care of the details and to let me choose a gown because its my day. he loves me so much! (i love you so much too honey!)
To-do:
1. put post its on gowns and entourage gowns I'm eyeing on.
2. read on styles for my height and petite built
3. more mags to choose from.
6. Motif - uh-oh... well, this is a must also before end of the year
Other items on my list of to do's:
7. Flowers - definitely dangwa
8. Invites
9. Pamamanhinkan
10. Sponsors and entourage
11. Cake
12. Bridal Car
13. souvenirs
14. Programs, Emcee, DJ, Readers, Music
15. Accessories, shoes
16. Wedding rings
17. Guest sheets
So many to do! Once second term ends I'll at least have some more time to catch up on the most important items. Whew. Do hope I can accomplish much this December.



No comments: