Thursday, November 11, 2004

to my honey

yesterday i was reading stuff in w@w about someone who wasn't sure about pushing through with their wedding because of her fears. it gave me a chance to ponder once more on our relationship.
yes, we've been through so much together. i remember all the arguments, all the painful words said, our reactions to each others "mistakes", even all the "tampo" incidents that would last a few days where i would usually end up crying.
someone said that instead of thinking if you could live with that person, you should decide if you can't live without him. and that's exactly how i feel.
i don't know how things will be when we're already married. for all we know, the fights could be worse, we may end up not speaking to each other for days, we may end up throwing plates all around the room. there will always be that possibility.
but on the other end, I think about not having you. I wonder how I would be living right now if I had made all the decisions on my own, without even consulting you. Would I be taking MBA right now? Who would I talk to about my fears, my anxieties, my dreams? Who would support me in the best and worst of times?
I may not say it all the time, but I thank you. I thank you for the 8 and a half years of friendship and love. You are not only my boyfriend, you're my best friend. I cannot thank you enough for all the stuff we've gone through and how we both worked for our relationship. I'm so glad you came when you did, otherwise I would not have experienced the ups and the downs of our relationship. Thank you for making me strong when I need to be, and for being there when I'm not.
I love you with my heart and soul. And yes, I will marry you, for there is nothing more important to me than to build a family with you.



No comments: