Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Photogs update

Today I got an e-mail from a photographer offering unlimited digital shots for 4,000. Tempting offer i should say. Hehe, asked him to give me a copy of a cd of one of his shoots. I'd like to check him out. Did the same thing with Frank of Imagineer, but I'll be meeting with him December pa.
Hay, I'm really in a dilemma as to what to do with this photo-video thing. And add to that my darling of a fiance won't hear me out on this till we have the budget to spend on it (no matter how much I tell him that you don't pay the suppliers in full but you have to book them!) My dilemma goes like this: I could choose to have a supplier who would only give me a labor only package, then later on I could just choose to have the the pictures printed and recopied when I see fit. I can buy my own albums later on. I can also get a videographer who will also provide a labor only package, then maybe (just maybe) I can ask jeff (my dear best friend) to do the editing, which I can trust he can do....This will save me around 10,000 at least I guess, but will give me added worries later on when I have to have the pics printed. But then again what I really, really need on the wedding is someone to take the pics, the rest I'm sure I can source out myself (this is what I do best).
Now, another option is just to get everything in one package. The lowest so far that I got is 33,000. That's pretty cheap already because others have quoted me for 45,000 and 55,000 for exactly the same specs. I'm meeting up with this guy next month to get a cd sampler of his work... For me that's a good deal already, considering that I have a budgeted 40,000 for that. But of course I first want to see his work. I guess, the best option would be to see if I like his work, if not, maybe the labor only becomes an option.
Hay, I wish sweetie can at least give me an opinion that's not financial in nature....
I'm way behind my schedules already. I had wanted to finish any templates and make initial guestlists and supplier comparisons, and also a cashflow worksheet, but with the amount of work i have right now I just can't squeeze it in. :-(

No comments: