Monday, March 20, 2006

tomorrow i turn 20-ish.... its been one roller coaster ride the past year, that i find this event in my life to be one for the books, or in this case, one for the blog. the past year has just been full of adventure, new things learned, new lessons, new life. i can never be grateful enough to HIM who has given me this much in my life. For the past year, I've been closest to my family the most, they have offered me support in the decisions I made, and in the new life I was to enter into. My fiance, now my husband, has been the most wonderful, most supportive man. i never thought I could be this happy. I actually thought that what we had for the past 9 years couldn't be better, but golly, it was. Nothing like the past years we shared could compare to the joy of seeing the one you love most wake up to your voice in the morning. Nothing could be happier that lying next to him at night, nothing could spell contentment more than just watching him go about his ways. and nothing could inspire me more than the thought that this man will be the father of my kids and that we will raise them up the way our parents raised us up.
i know, i'm full of mush today. but hey, its my birthday and i'm allowed to think about the past year, before i turn the page and look forward to the future.
i know the people who mean the most to me don't usually read my blog, but this post is still dedicated to then, and in particular, i'd like to thank these people who have made my life the best there can be:
- my parents, who remain supportive and loving. before i got married i love you's were better left to greeting cards and special occassions, and kisses were given when vacations were due. but when i got married, i realized just how much i love them and how, in the years that i've grown up, they have done nothing else but support me, and give me their unending love. we may not have the best of everything, but for me i have the best parents God could ever give to his children, and I'm thankful for that. Now that i'm all grown up and married, i'd say i love you to them on the phone, and kiss them goodbye when we meet.
- to my family, sisters, nieces, nephew, in-laws, when i thought i could handle everything else on my own, there they were offering me support and much needed help. i probably don't say to them how much i love them, but i do, and they're the world's best treasures.
- to my husband, we practically grew up together and we shared so much - pain, happiness, anger, adventure. when we got married i felt i was leaving a life behind to be with a man i knew and loved with all my heart, and that i was giving up myself to serve this man, not because i had to, but because i wanted to. but now i find that it's not about who does what for whom, its not about who gets more out of the marriage or who does what. happiness is really not in being loved, but in loving and admiring each other for what they are, not just their good sides, but even their bad, hidden habits. everyday when i thank God I would always thank Him for you, for my family, and for my life.
- to my friends. i wouldn't say i've had so many friends in my lifetime. in highschool i only have 5 or 6 closest friends, in college a few more, in MBA a few others. but these friends are the ones who have made a difference in my life. but they've been a real source of joy and friendship and companionship. and i love you all.
- to anyone reading this blog, thanks for your time.

3 comments:

dionne said...

happy birthday sis! i hope you had a great one. =)

jenn said...

hey dionne!!! thanks!

arGlene said...

It's better late than never...Belated happy birthday Jennie. =)

Here's wishing you more blessings to come.