Friday, March 31, 2006

Well, well, whadaya know, my boss is out for the day again. I'm declaring today as a work holiday. For one, I actually accomplished a lot yesterday my boss was surprised I left him 43 new approvables, hahahaha. He suddenly had 100+ and mine went down to 18. hehehe....

i was also finished with my logistics paper and also helped ara with the formatting so all she has to do is put in her part. i'm missing class again tonight which doesn't matter that much anyway. i'm going home to do the laundry instead. also emailed our paper in HRM to our professor for her comments, I suppose its only then that I can finalize the powerpoint. Tomorrow I'll be in UP the whole day, we have to work on our marketing research paper. whew.

luckily, this week there's been a temporary rest on the movies we watch at home. Hubby is still complaining about the PC, but he plays on it anyway, so i get to sleep earlier, I usually try to study and then fall asleep. He wakes me up when he comes to bed (sometimes at 1am, last night at 11pm) so we can cuddle *wink*. So in the morning I wake up fresh and he wakes up tired. hahahahaha....

last night though, I couldn'y help but feel touched. When I was reviewing my notes I was using the iPod to take out the noise from the PC he was playing (though I must have heard the songs here sooo many times), and when I got sleepy i put away my notes but kept on listening to music. When he was about to go to bed he took away the ipod and put it aside. I dunno, its the random act of making sure I don't destroy the thing I guess, but I feel touched just the same. Some days I still realize how fortunate we are to have gone this far into the relationship and to be married and to be sharing a life together.

oh! and before I forget! I was able to cook 3 dishes this week and it makes me feel sooo proud! Wednesday I cooked giniling na baboy (the one with the potatoes and carrots) and I also prepared some tapa (recipe care of Maya Kitchen cookbook No. 1). Tabs liked both. I'm actually more proud of the tapa because buying that is too expensive when its already marinated. I think I did quite well. Then yesterday, out of tabs' request, I made menudo. This time I made it from scratch, almost. the meat seller sliced the pork and liver already so that's one less thing to do, but I was able to do the dish without using the recipe sauce I used to put in, this time its just salt, pepper, soy sauce and tomatoes. natural. and my hubby liked it! makes me feel so proud!!!! i suppose during the summer I could try out more complex dishes, but that'll take a lot more guts i guess. hehehe... and not to mention expense. :-)

No comments: