Tuesday, February 26, 2008

government service

Since I became an adult I was never privy of government service. I grew up learning from the news about politicians getting rich everyday from spending people's income taxes. Sadly enough it is really that which makes the country poorer and poorer.
Of course, my sadness for the country's fate cannot be stopped by the fact that this morning I had to go to the National Statistics Office to get copies of my Marriage Certificate and of Jessica's birth certificate. And I was unfortunate enough to have to stand on line for close to two hours, and still have no certificates to take home. I had been thinking of getting the thing online but having to pay more than twice as much for it discouraged me. I applied for four copies today and paid only 500 whereas getting it online cost 300 a piece, totalling 1200 if I get the same number. totally no way! But really, what pisses me off is the long line and the heat. And the fact that it is just plain frustrating to see so many people spend so much of their time doing something that could have been easier to do. I mean, in the US, is it really so hard to get these things???

No comments: