Wednesday, April 13, 2005

2nd day of vacation

Here I am, enjoying the tranquility of an empty office, grateful for the peace and quiet since I can now stay at the office and not run out at 5 pm. Vacation is such a sweet change.

I actually just came from an important meeting this afternoon. It was a meeting of gigantic proportions, targets for the project were laid out and my role has become more crucial once again. to be perfectly honest, i found the new targets challenging, i'm getting quite tired of having not too much work and the vacation would allow me to concentrate on meeting our division's target. it would be such an accomplishment if i would be able to mobilize the group into achieving it. and i'm happy for that. it'll really prove that I have a done a good job if i were to help in the team goal's fulfillment. unfortunately, my compensation is not tied up to performance just yet. grrr for that one. hahha. no worries, i'll try to not think of that for now.

i've also resolved to start on my productivity changes starting tom. I'm yet to do all the worksheets and templates in the book but at least I'm starting on bits and pieces of the methods. one of which is to list down the tasks to be done the next day, the day before it. and that means allocating time for it. its not to allocate certain hours of the day, but more to allocate a specific amount of time for such an activity. did it already for tomorrow. i hope i can continue with it. i'm hoping i'm already able to apply the most crucial changes before the start of the term in june.

No comments: