Wednesday, April 27, 2005

headache and what-nots

my head is spinning since i woke up this morning. dunno why. perhaps something was wrong with the way i slept. wrong side of the bed, uhhh... sofa. I slept in the sofa last night because our house was so full! my little pamangkins (3 of them) are at home vacationing because two of them have no yaya. they are actually a bit older already so di na alagain. Also come monday very morning our tita and cousins from bicol arrived. my tita who's not going to be my ninong anymore. they took my room because the kids are using the guest room. i can sleep at my parent's room but decided instead to sleep outside (its a sala na parang veranda). this is where tabs also slept last friday night because we had to leave early for our montemar outing. i also took tabs home so my tita and cuz can meet him (my cousins have met him already). ok naman, except ayaw na nya umalis at gusto na matulog sa bahay! waaaahhh!!! e sa labas ako matutulog alangan namang tabi kami. he left and made tampo that he can't stay over. hay... we're having a lot of these tampuhan lately. siguro kulang na ko sa lambing sa kanya. :-P maybe i should surprise him and drop by his office after work. hay. perhaps i will. para di na sya tampuhin. that is, if i'm feeling better already.


on to wed preps. i finally built on my ideas for the centerpieces! i initially wanted to have mirrors and votives near the centerpiece, now I've decided to forego the mirrors just have the rose petals and votive candles along the center of the rectangular tables, pahaba, and around the centerpiece. romantic. of course has to be liwanag candles para di madaling matunaw. bwahaha... at 12-15 persons per table that would be x12 votive candles, plus lots and lots of rose petals. karen is still thinking what color of petals that should be.


finally decided also to go with a filipiniana theme, at least to unify the ideas. kasi i have a pina skirt for my gown, so its only apt to use a filipiniana theme. thinking the invites will be scroll type, and will have some abaca wrapped over it as accent. also the votive candles will be accented by abaca around the glasses. pwede rin abaca string and then my accent na something. hehe. i'd have to ask my cousins to check out how much abaca costs in bicol.


finally, downloaded some poems in the internet. as table numbers i plan to use the 13 tenets of marriage as in the unity coins. then I'll write the table names along with a poem. It'll be placed on the acrylic menu holders (size will be around 9" x 6") similar to what they have in restos. so the guests can have something to read while waiting for the guests. The supplier of the menu holders i called up yesterday said she'll give it to me as a gift na lang hehe... nice!!!


that ends my updates. I'm still tying up loose ends with what to do, but things are looking good! this friday pala there will be a sale in mega, I plan to buy the jewelry box for the unity coins already.


hmmm.... i'm happy things are falling into place. :-) remind me to write it down so I won't forget any of these ideas.

No comments: