Monday, April 11, 2005

thoughts, thoughts and more thoughts

Blame it again on the free internet connection but i can't seem to concentrate on my work. too many things on my mind right now. I feel i just need to let off all these thoughts lest they will haunt me throughout my marketing exam tonight.

Been looking through the blogs of other w@wies, mostly the previous generation comprising december brides. its nice to read how some of them are already on their way with babies. Their posts really made me smile. sad at the same time because although both tabs and i want to have a baby already, we both know it could be difficult if I don't finish my MBA. our plan really is for me to graduate before the baby comes. as i'm graduating on May 2007 (this is my target - full load every sem, as per curriculum), that means i have to conceive still late 2006. which isn't that bad at all, that's just more than a year of marriage. i guess time will just fly by when we are together. :-)

I was worried just this morning with regards to our scheduled food tasting on saturday, since the new additional workday of tabs might fall on a saturday, he won't be able to come. and i definitely cannot schedule a food tasting without him! so i asked him, ever so nicely by e-mail, if i should postpone it, and he said he'd fix the sched so he can come on saturday! yipeeeee! and he'll also fix his sked for the week after which is our field trip in Bataan (with my SMBD Dept). I'm just so happy!!! Its these days when I feel so blessed to have tabs for my future husband. When he's not in a bad mood and he greets me with a sweetheart in the beginning of the line. hehe... babaw ko noh? i guess its in the "kababawan" though that i realize how in love i still am with tabs. he may not be the sweetest of all men, and he may sometimes be so sunget... but a lot of times he is so endearing. i especially like his sense of humor, yung tipong pag nagbiro sya and kulit lan, kahit walang sense! hehehe. and he's really so supportive of my career decisions. when i decided to quit my first job, when i decided to accept the 2nd job, and when i decided to take up mba instead of plan for the wedding (this was in feb 2004-- we still decided to get married in oct, so i guess its really meant to be a december 2005 wedding), i still tell him of all my career plans, to stay or not to stay, what package would make me stay, pros and cons of my current company, etc. and he accepts my ideas whole-heartedly, sometimes offering his point of view. with him naman, its a matter of where he is happy, he's really good as a software developer but not as career-driven as i am. goes with the personality rin kasi e. when he's busy, di sya makausap, pero when he's bores with work he's really bored. hahaha. ok na sya with his work because din ayaw nya ng mag-uumpisa ulit sa ibang company. with me naman i want the challenge, and since i'm in a corporate setting, gusto ko talaga yung mag-move up. hopefully this company, or another, will give the fulfillment of that dream, para na rin sa magiging family namin. obviously, being a housewife is not in my list of choices. hehehe... unless of course, i'm handling a business.

2 comments:

Mec said...

awww...

ako naman, no plans of taking up an MBA, tatamad na ako :D

but i want more than a year din na kami lang :) i dont wanna rush into being a Mom kasi i know learning to be a wife will take some adjusting to...

dionne said...

dami nga couples na would really opt for babies at least a year or so after the wedding. me din, napag-usapan namin na after two years pa kami. like you, i want to finish my thesis first =) plus we want to enjoy each other muna. =)