Tuesday, May 24, 2005

government system - as always

i'm exasperated. sometimes the worst experiences in our lives are due to the simplest of things. like me, whenever i have to deal with the government bureacracy my blood pressure tends to rise ten notches (or whatever that is called).

i applied for my SSS ID last october. and it says there it will be sent to me, give or take 3 months. so there, come march i was starting to think something was wrong, so i called up sss pasig, and they tell me that if i haven't received the card then it must have been returned to sender. like duh!!!! i receive all my bills here in the office, and there is no way some post office won't find the address of my office because its like one block in ortigas! drat!!! so my dad who used to work at the PNB inside SSS Main, went there one time and got me this RTS Number that i had to get to call up the Local post office where my card was sent to. Yesterday I called up around 5 times and i couldn't catch the person there, turned out only the mailman had the information i wanted (duh again). so this morning i called in before 9, as instructed by a nice lady who answers the phone. And the mailman reasons with me, in a matter of fact way that he doesn't want to get that info because it'll take some time!!! what!!!! what was that supposed to mean? I absolutely hate it when they point fingers and not take the responsibility they have. My goodness, I pay my taxes well, of course I expect them to do their job! Now I have to call back again after an hour, after a really long discussion he finally got my information and told me to call back. in the back of my mind I'm thinking that he'll be out already delivering mail. darn it.

the thing about it is that SSS won't just let me apply for another card, i have to literally find that one missing mail. It gets so frustrating. Why can't they just have their own printers in the central office and allow people to pick up the cards instead. it'll save us all from this fingerpointing. and the sad part is there seems to be no clear policy on how to deal with these instances. its sad and its infuriating. really, it is.

---------------------------------

on the bright side, i already finished our love story! now i have 2 albums done. only just need to put in a few more titles and its done!!! now i have a bunch of papers coming in and no pics yet. hahahaha... funny... i'll be doing our wedding preps album and then the album of the dogs. also need to buy and album for mom, she has lots of pics from our cousins in hawaii.

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Hay naku Jenn, I still havent registered for my SSS ID yet. Pati ung PRC cards ko, di ko pa din napapa-replace. SUper bulok kasi. pero sa SSS, sa main ako nag-aapply, so OK lang, mabilis and efficient c",)

jenn said...

hay naku aggie, worse than the wait is the fact na di ko sya mahanap ngayon. turned out nadeliver pala dito at naka c/o ng kung sinong tao na di rin mahanap ngayon. hay sus talaga.
status: hinahanap pa. :-(