Friday, May 27, 2005

on my MBA

yesterday night i was able to enroll for the first term this year. yay! i'm now in my second year in MBA! Whoa! I really call it an accomplishment, (1) because i've been paying for it with my money, all my bonuses and some help from tabs, (2) the sked in UP is really tight, and with my current workload it is becoming harder, (3) so far i've had ok grades, some of my classmates even tell me they admire the fact that I can juggle work, studies and preps all at the same time.

Anyhow, yesterday when I was with them I realized how I truly missed them. They have become my friends in the true sense of the word. We were not able to meet during the vacation so yesterday we had tons to laugh about. Its always comforting to know that there are individuals who share pretty much the same goals in life, the same scenarios you have, i.e. no money to pay for the tuition - have to get the student loan, and we share the same experience in taking MBA. Its something I didn't experience in college. Because in college I was busy with studies, didn't have my own money, and was quite busy building up on my relationship with tabs. Now, I work, earn my own living, soon to be married, and enjoying every bit of MBA Life.

You see, there are really a lot of fun things about our class. Of course, bulk of the benefits would be in gaining that knowledge we need to move up in life, I only pray that I can apply that knowledge someday. But the friendships and the camaraderie, of going through all those late night cases, online chatting (for cases) or simply hanging out in Seattle's Best (doing cases!), have made us stronger-willed persons.

Hay, I'm blabbing. I missed it, and if and when I graduate in 2007, I will miss it too. But then I will be glad for all of the experiences that came my way, for that 3 years in my life.

2 comments:

Nette said...

me too i admired you... i should be more like you!

dionne said...

good for you! hang on girl... mejo ako bad eh, i quit my postgrad studies. but like you i gained great friends there. goodluck on your studies! =)