Monday, June 06, 2005

180 days to go

Haven't been able to post for around a week. whew. i'm taking time out now to post (taking a break from work, kapagod na e!!!). Whew. So many things have happened the past few weeks and days that i wasn't able to tell you.

For one, tabs and i decided last week to buy a house. i had to buy BuyandSell, property finder, search the web, bother friends (esp. Fran, my classmate-friend from Pag-ibig) and literally research for the house. After visiting one house last saturday and finding that it's really not the type we want (nice location, but the house is inside an alley and is too dark and its as if there is no air), and we realize that it'll really be hard to get a place at our current situation. yeah, things could have been different if we continued with the dog-breeding business, but i guess, God had other plans when the dog we were waiting to breed suddenly died. We do intend to get another one after the wedding. Anyways, we finally decided to just rent for now, and when my salary is already better (his is already ok, mine is DEFINITELY NOT), we'll start looking for the house. He is also considering looking for work abroad. I am considering that too but not till I finish my MBA. I didn't work this much to finish my degree to leave it hanging there. Besides, I definitely want to get ahead in my career and this is for my own sense of accomplishment.

Its sad that right now, I really can't find time to move ahead with the preps. Too many things are in the way. I still have trouble adjusting to school. It was okay to sleep late during the vacation, but now, whenever I get home after school all i want to do is doze off. Add to that the fact that we got a terror teacher that requires a whole lot of effort to keep up, and I am definitely not yet keeping up.

Office work is just as tiring. So many things are laid out which I can't implement because of external factors such as the system breaking down, people not replying to e-mails, and so on and so forth. Next week we start with the MLS program, sort of a Certification program for Supply Management practitioners. To me its a good skill to learn. But on the other hand, I may consider other fields so its all one big question mark. For now I'll view it as another challenge in order to move ahead.

Budgets are just as hard to come by. The CBA which was supposedly released last year still has no definite date for release, and no definite amount as well. That is another frustrating thing to think about. Will it be enough for wedding expenses? How else can we save on it when a lot of things previously not budgeted seem to be popping out of nowhere. Haay...

On the other hand, tabs came to our house yesterday, for the first time since the "pamamanhikan" incident, the whole family was there. I'm glad to know that I did not have a hard time with it. I'd rather not talk about the pamamanhikan but at least I now feel better about the fact that we can all become one big family. Even my sisters and my mom keep on reminding me to pack some food for tabs' family. :-) that is one happy thought.

On to another week of hectic skeds for work and studies. I hate looking at calendars and become reminded of the many items i need to be doing but simply can't. Haay again.

Henceforth I promise to dedicate at least a few minutes a week for wedding preps. Promise....

1 comment:

Aggie said...

Hi Jenn, dont worry too much. Making changes in our lives also mean taking leaps of faith. Kaya ganun lang talaga. Money would always be a problem pero the courage that you have pursuing your dreams and working on the wedding will bear fruit someday.