Tuesday, June 28, 2005

on life and career

lately, thoughts about family and career have been looming over me. i dunno if its because tabs and i have had some time to talk about where to live and how to go about expenses, and what our goals should be about our salaries to live life at least comfortably. needless to say, we are so far off from our target incomes (suffice it to say kids are out of the question at this point). with this discussion comes the realization that i really have to find me a new job next year. with changes in the organization (including that of my boss), i find myself wanting to experience a different work environment. True, i'm happy to be here, with my officemates who are like a family to me, my other set of officemates, though i don't see them often, are also good friends, i happen to like my boss, except that now she's being transferred. :-( but truth be told i find myself overqualified, especially in terms of salary. i dunno, i guess i crave to be able to hold more responsibility. because right now, things are just too darn boring.
my contract will end mid-january of next year. by then i will be mrs. jennifer maravillo-tabios. by then i would have only 3 semesters to go in my MBA, plus 1 compreshensive exams, before i graduate. by then i'd have been working for 5 years already. that's 5 years of career life and i am short of achieving the goals i had set when i started to work. I said then i wanted to get my grad degree within the next 5 years. could be done. will be a manager in 5 years. not yet (well as of now). have a good paying job. far from it. :-(
i resolve to do the best i can in improving myself in the next 6 months before i finally tie the knot. be more mature, read on more self-improving books, leadership books, etc. basta, this next 6 months will be all about self-improvement! promise!!!! now that seemed to lift my spirits more! hehehe... i guess the realization is half the battle won (or at least 25% the battle won, getting there is another matter!)

on to more interesting stuff:
last saturday tabs and i finally ordered our wedding rings. the feeling was exhilirating, to be able to picture the design of the ring we ordered (cause we're still getting it on july 28). and somehow imagining the look of it on my finger. hay. :-) so happy. anyways, we got it from matus jewellery. i figured that since the wedding rings will be our own and only possession after the wedding we might as well buy something of good quality. and we did. just can't wait to have it already.
and yesterday i asked my mba classmate and friend, ging, to be our emcee on our wedding. he's a really great speaker and marketing person, and i've always been fond of the way he entertains us with his jokes and kwento, but on one side he's a great leader and all. :-) turns out he's done wedding emceeing for like, 3 times already! weeeh, that means i really need not fret about having him do it. :-) such bliss.
that's all for my updates lately. still hoping i can blog more often...

3 comments:

dionne said...

congrats on getting your rings na. =) we have yet to get ours. i remember you asking w@wies for affordable yet good quality rings. after seeing matus clients parang makes me consider them also. =)

Nette said...

congrat's on picking out a ring.

Aggie said...

jenn, hope all is well!
i admire for u for putting things in perspective: u do not only plan for the big day but for the married life as well, which is more important :)