Monday, July 11, 2005

long post - updates and what-nots

missed me? haven't posted for a while. in as much as i wanted to find the right time to post i just can't seem to find the right time. so i'm just going to give a terribly long rundown of stuff, wedding-related or otherwise, so fasten your seatbelts!
*** Two saturdays ago Tabs and I went on a long quest for hearing aids. For those who don't know about it, well, my dear husband-to-be has a BIG Hearing problem. I knew this since high school, his mom was constantly apologizing (and sometimes scolding me for making his son feel bad :-( ) whenever we fight on the phone (landline) when he can't hear me and I can't raise my voice. After college and before he went job hunting, he had a tympanoplasty, wherein they opened the skin behind his ear and placed a piece of skin on top of the eardrums which had a hole in it. That one was scary because there was a risk of permanent hearing loss, or nerve damage to the face. Fortunately he got through it fine, except that now he feels that he's right ear hearing is worse than the left, which was the one that had the operation. Finding a job was kinda difficult for him, because he would almost have a hard time with interviews. Now he's doing well with work and is looking at finding better opportunities elsewhere, he finds it the best opportunity to invest in a hearing aid. So two saturdays ago we went to a hearing aid center, got tests, and found out that the cost for each hearing aid is a whopping 20thou pesoses!!!! imagine that!!! i won't go through the gory details of it all but to cap off, he'll be getting his hearing aids (thats 40thousand in all) tomorrow morning.
*** Oh, another thing that I've been spending so much time with lately is digiscrapping, which is really an inspiration from Tin ni Roland (Shmucks!). I've been into real scrapbooking during the summer, but lately ran out of papers and pics to scrap. hehehe. and I'm soo happy because one thing led to another and I realized I can do well with Adobe Photoshop, and now I'm able to design my invites! I'm now planning to just do it myself, especially since budgets have really been tight and I badly need to save up on other things, invites being number 1!
*** I've also been on a quest to beautify myself on the remaining months till the big day. A few weeks ago had my hair straightened, and the effect was really good. yesterday I had a facial, wart removal and laser treatment, which was toooooo expensive if you ask me, and i'm so scar-ridden. geez.... i hope the scars all go away already. good thing my hair is doing a good job concealing the scars, which were mostly on the sides of my cheeks near the ears. hmph.... now i really resolve to take care of my face, my body and my health!!!
*** What else? Oh! We got through the UP MBA Freshman Night Party las Friday. The bands that they got really sucks, hehehe, except for the 3rd year batch "band" that played the party songs. Just the same I had a good time with friends. I realized more how fun our barkada is! ",)
*** That's it for the updates now, will really, really try to blog more.... Oh, BTW, if you noticed, I got a new tagboard, Chatterbox closed down, hmph!!!! Hope I can find time one of these days to redo my blogskins. :-)

No comments: