Tuesday, July 12, 2005

opportunities

I'm at the brink of getting the flu. Since yesterday I my throat's been swollen and painful, now its just plain irritated and I have to cough it up till I feel my guts want to come out. geez.
What's really extraordinary yesterday was that during lunchtime, while cathy and I were looking for shoes for her, I got this missed call from an unidentified number. She then texted me that she was from john clements, and that i needed to call her in the office. Since I was out, I called her from my cell. And it turned out that I was recommended by a former officemate in Reckitt (first job). She was asking me if I could come for an interview at 6:30 pm (last night). It was really a moment of panic! I was definitely not dressed to kill! I was wearing sandals. I did not have a blazer. I confirmed my attendance, sent my resume to her, and worried about what to wear, definitely destroyed my budget! I had to buy shoes and a blazer. Good thing I was wearing black pants yesterday.
On to the interview. I got there at past 6:30. Missed the elevator, went to 15th floor when I intended to go to the 12th. More like the 13th, coz they called it 12B Floor. Bwahahaha.... Anyhoo, when I got there there was the interview. I won't get to the details of that anymore. Anyways, overall, the opportunity was ok. which gets me to thinking about my priorities.... what do i really want? and what would make me happy? the financial freedom? or the chance to shine? or the opportunity to lead? i frankly don't know for sure. :-(

No comments: