Tuesday, November 15, 2005

18 days to go

As I was about to write the title for this post, it remembered a title I previously made: 180 days to go. Funny. Now, its 18 days! It is definitely not a lot of time left, though I would like to think that there is still no need to mega-panic at this point. So far I'm able to do some stuff and finalize others. And yes, so far everything seems to be falling into place. As a rundown:
Hotel Preps: I had a panic attack some weeks ago when I learned that Astoria was supposed to be fully booked for Dec 3, and there was really some chance that I won't be able to extend the room stay. I had the option of booking at another hotel for the night after the wedding but then, that would mean I had to transfer hotels in the middle of everything. hehe... I also contemplated just telling them that I intended to ovestay, but that also opened the possibility that all our stuff will be thrown out of the room whilst we are away (exagg i know. :-P). So yesterday, out of sheer desperation upon learning that even Linden was fully booked so I couldn't really transfer (!), I called up Astoria again. First I inquired as an employee of San Miguel, to avail of the Corporate Rate (1,500 savings). They were booked and I'd be informed the following day if there is still an available room. I called again, this time I said I was a paying guest. They were not fully booked!!!! Like duh!!!!! I confirmed by booking as a paying guest for Dec 3-4. I'd rather pay in full that not end up with a room! Moments later, Astoria calls to tell me that I can avail of the Platinum membership card rate(the one I bought really for the preps!) on the 2nd night if I make full payment of the rooms by November 25! The room rate was Php3,200 for the first room (50% off voucher) and 3,800 (3,200++ rate) for the second night. The other room is free for the night. Yey!!!!!! I really am so happy. I just need to pay the 7,000 for the room plus the 6,000 security deposit to assure me that I'll have our rooms for the night before AND AFTER the wedding. :-) Thanks, God. Love HIM!
Honeymoon: Initially we planned (rather I planned) to just go off to Baguio for our honeymoon. Though we've been there before I thought it was cheaper and easier for us. Until I found some enemies with the Paramount Card I bought to get us rooms at the Microtel Suites there and I'm practically, practically mad at them! Until I realized that's not going to be memorable at all, considering there is not so much there anyways that we haven't been through. Until I realized I wanted to see Coron, Palawan. And was dead set to do just that, except that honeymoons there start at Friday and end on Monday. :-( And then someone told me about the Palakbayan rates from Philippine Airlines. So we (rather I :-P) ended up booking Bohol!!!! And last Friday they confirmed our booking. Now all that's left is for me to pay for the booking and its done! We're getting a bungalow with its own jacuzzi at Panglao Island Nature Resort.Awwww.... Geez, not I feel really excited for our honeymoon. :-P
Other things taken cared of:
-Finished CD-writing the songs, just need to make CD Case Cover.
-Finally, tabs and I were able to discuss the details of the wedding ceremony and reception yesterday (after fighting the whole week last week over that!). Of course, the realizations for him were quite funny for me. I realize now how much I love him for making me laugh a lot. :-p
Hope I can blog some more till the wedding, but this is all for now. :-)

1 comment:

dionne said...

hi jennie! last leg na. goodluck girl! =)