Wednesday, July 12, 2006

sequel to the busy blues

like i said in my previous post, i'm expecting way a lot of work this week. and as it turned out, it was worse than i had imagined. haaaah! instead of taking the work of 1 of my colleagues only, guess what -- yup, i got more than that.
tuesday morning my boss approached me, saying that i'll be taking over temporarily the work of another colleague, next week, when she attends a one-week induction program for new hires (i went ahead of her, remember?, since I specifically said I wanted to attend the induction first). Knowing the other colleague (the one who is really leaving for another section of the department) will be around next week, I said ok. After lunch though, the colleague of mine who is going to the induction next week, got the flu and had to take a leave the following day to rest. So what happened was that we advanced her turnover and now, since the other colleague i mentioned will be out Wednesday to Friday this week., I'm handling 3 responsibilities. yay!!!!
i tell you, its so hard trying to fill in for 3 shoes. Why you say? Because our individual days are usually full, so I will have to do three days-worth of work into one day...
on one hand though, I do think the added responsibility was an indication, at the very least, of how my boss is satisfied with the way I work, otherwise she wouldn't have trusted me with that much responsibility so soon, right. I guess I just realize that this is actually a great way of showing the people around us that yes, I'm good at what I do. :-)
but then again, pardon me for releasing my exhaustion on this blog and treating it as a shock absorber. After all, this is my blog, so I have every right to blabber here. bwahahahaha!

2 comments:

Mai said...

i never realized how hectic your sched is until i read your 2 last posts. you must be a super woman to accommodate them all...

pero don't forget to cool off and relax once in a while to combat exhaustion...family and health first before anything else. :D

jenn said...

hehe... its a good thing i've always been an active person, kinakaya kahit ang hirap. and when I get home I just want to lie down and rest.