Thursday, March 27, 2008

we're getting our own!

more than two years ago when hubby and I got married we had simple dreams. a good career, time to spend for ourselves, have a baby or two, get our own house and car. and I remember back then that we set a certain age as a deadline for ourselves. hubby was saying then that he was sad that some of our HS batchmates were so successful at their careers already, and he felt he wasn't. I earned my MBA degree but I wouldn't say I'm in my most desired place in my career yet, I just simply knew that time would take me there.
and then we had jessica, and a few months before she was due, we loaned for our first car. We both didn't have our own cars from our families, so the car was really a big thing for us then, we wanted to have it before jessica was born so we can drive her around between families and so she won't develop any of those pollution related illness. It was a blessing for us.
now, we're both 29, and we will be moving forward with our dreams. We're finally moving out of our rented apartment in 2 months and we will move in to our own home. We got the loan approval yesterday, and I can only say that it was really God's blessing to us, that we are able to attain this much together despite the odds. We're not rich, we work for the money we have and we have almost no savings. We want to find our own place because we believe its something we can already work hard for and renting meant throwing away hard earned money on something we don't own.
I'm feeling quite nostalgic about it, really, but it just makes me feel so glad that we got this blessing.
Thanks to all who prayed for us. Thanks to all who helped.

1 comment:

Alma said...

Hi sis! it's really nice to have your own place. This year, we've also decided to get our own na dahil sayang talaga ang rent. Goodluck to us in achieving all our dreams :)