Thursday, March 31, 2005

Career talk part 1

here i am at the office, at a little past 7:30, too early for work, i should say, so i'm gonna take the time to blog away. i intend to work today! hahahahahaha!!!!

anyhoo, yesterday just before going home (i was in a rush because nobody was using the pc and i can catch up on my MU skills), i dropped by National Bookstore to buy the book I was eyeing since the day before. I had really, really wanted to buy it, and yesterday my heart told me to go for it!!! i bought a few more books i intended to add to my collection too, here they are:

This was the book i really wanted to buy! I wanna be more productive!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I like john maxwell's books! although i've yet to finish his other book i find the stories in his books really worth keeping to mind. I still have "the 17 Qualities of a Team Player" here with me which I intend to finish first (before the next MOR). This one, though, is all about leadership. i'm so excited to get to to it!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one is from John Gray, the one who wrote the Mars and Venus series. I originally wanted to buy a Mars and Venus book but it was all about relationships. And I figured there really isn't anything wrong with my relationship at this point, so I don't think it'll really matter right now.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Notice anything (aside from the fact that I may have bought too many books already?) Most of the books I bought were on Personality and Career development. I dunno, right now wedding preps is sort of taking a backseat over my plans to improve myself. Maybe because I want to make use of my idle time this summer? or maybe because i'm in the stage in my life where i know what i want but i want to get there faster, hence i want to be prepared for it. Not to say I'm not prioritizing my wedding, a lot has to do with organizing my time and my life to be able to live it with quality. I anticipate the months of September to December will be the busiest in my life, since I'll be juggling work, school and wedding preps, and soon after adjusting to married life. So i want to prepare myself for that, and at the same time, I don't want to lose sight of what i'm really working for.

Tabs and I both agree that the baby should come after MBA, inasmuch as everyone (both of us included) would like us to have a baby already, we figure that I should first finish MBA so we can pave the way for a better future for both of us. So the master plan is for me to continue working, finish school, and then have the baby sometime 2007. Long time? yeah, but hey, look at it this way, my first year at school is already over, isn't that an accomplshment?

This is such a long post already. Will write na lang a part 2!

No comments: