Wednesday, March 02, 2005

a stressful month ahead

here i am, at 12:13 in the evening, typing away at my pc, with little hope of sleeping before 3 am. i'm actually resigning myself to the fact that this may be my routine for the next 3 weeks prior to my birthday and to holy week. just this evening after class our professor gave out the remaining cases which we will be discussing for the next 3 meeting, all 7 cases! imagine that!!!! 7 cases???? we barely have time to make 1 case in a week, let alone an average of three in a week! what's more, with all of us 9 in class, that gives us a grand total of 3 case presentations! isn't it just ironic? that's only for 1 subject. Oh, by the way, the pay-off for the 7 cases would be an early finish for the Management Control Class, which means 1 less subject to worry about after the Holy Week.
Now we move on to Organizational Behavior. Don't take me wrong, I think this is a good class in terms of subject matter, not so much with the professor, but in class there are a whole lot of insights to gain. Plus the textbook is really great. Now, aside from the finals, which i presume will be after the holy week, there is still the journal to submit, and frankly, in as much as i have a lot of ideas to write on it, based on experiences and my insights on the matter, i just can't seem to squeeze it in schedule. So, unfortunately, this is something that I can only start after the last case in Control is over and done with. That would be after March 13.
Lastly, Marketing. This is turning out to be an interesting class, in as much as i have yet to learn any concepts, I find the insight papers really interesting subjects. I myself will be reporting probably on March 21. Still have to work on that report, but added to it, we still have to submit 2 more insight papers (mar 7 and 21) and we have a class/group project to submit too.
So much for the requirements. All of my three subjects will have finals. For Control its Mar 22, OB and Marketing skeds are yet to be announced.
Bottomline? Wedding preps have to take a backseat at least till after my finals. whew, once i get through this semester i promise i'll sleep at 8pm and wake up late! i'm so looking forward to summer vacation (in acads of course). There's still work, but hopefully after my classes I can really pour 100% of my efforts to work quality and hopefully learn new things.
Waiting for Saturday, Karen and I will be going to the Wedding Expo. This will be the last time I'll go about wedding preps, after this i need to stop it for a while to focus on acads. Its ok though, I have the whole summer to think about my wedding so a few more weeks really don't make much difference.

No comments: