Friday, July 13, 2007

financial woes

a few days ago there was this news article on the cost of living of Filipinos. It said there that a Filipino family of five members can be sustained with a monthly income of Php 8,200+. That includes food and the other basic needs. To that I can only say, good luck doing that. I mean, even if the family is just surviving on basic needs, its nearly impossible to live with that income in a month especially with children around.

Just a while ago, I called up the clinic of Jessica's pedia to inquire on how much the vaccine for DPT/P/HIB will cost. It turns out it was a whopping 2,900! My gosh!!!! It made me think twice again on shifting Jessica's pedia to another. My MIL was mentioning this well-baby clinic in UST and frankly, I'm quite convinced that we go there instead. The vaccines there are supposed to be free. Thing is, while we can come up with the money for her vaccines tomorrow, i'm thinking these next months it would be harder and harder to come out with that budget, e vaccines are scheduled every month.

We still haven't fully recovered from our financial burdens these past few months, with hubby not getting any salary from the business they started (since January), we've had an accumulation of credit card payables the past few months. Suffice it to say that right now, I am sooo very highly leveraged. It's going to take some time to pay off, and I haven't quite made out another payment plan for it for the next few months, last i did it in January, hoping to pay off all my debts in 2 years, well, it got worse because of our situation. haaayyy... Admittedly, the past few months there were really a lot of things going that required cash: car insurance (comprehensive), my final semesters' tuition fees, baby stuff, graduation, and then my hospital bill. Its been really rough. Hubby is now paying off his own payables from his mom and sister, so the next few months he'll have some extra for himself at least, while me, am not expecting any extras at all, I have to many credit card bills to pay, and it's going to be a while before I can pay it off. Howell...

Which reminds me, Jessica's baptism is coming up in a few weeks, and I do intend for it to be a meaningful celebration. Not grand, since I'm only inviting a couple of really close friends who are going to be Jessica's godparents, closest family, and some of our godparents in the wedding. And its going to be a simple celebration too, just the ceremony at Edsa Shrine and merienda at shakeys galleria. Like I said, simple does it.

No comments: