Wednesday, July 11, 2007

long delayed post

been meaning to blog for so many days now. but whenever i'm just about ready to do so, something comes up, like a new chore or the baby calling, or some other reason. like yesterday just when i was about to blog, the internet connection was gone, because of the landline was repaired. stupid bundle, if you ask me.

so now i'm hoping i can finish this post without any more distractions... :-)

anyways, to update. well, there are so many updates I don't quite know where to start.

first, the HOUSEKEEPER....
i don't remember if i posted here that the nanny we got for jessica left us after three weeks. she said she wanted to join her cousins in this laundry shop where they work. and since i can't stop her anyway, i let her go. this is not my fourth week alone without the nanny. Its hard, though the bonding with jessica is more than what I had expected. I feel I really used my maternity leave wisely to have spent this much time with her. Its only the stress sometimes of still having to do the housework, and I end up so tired by nighttime, though lately i've also been able to adjust, i guess. but now, we really need to have that nanny, since its just over a month till I get back to work and I need for the nanny to be used to jessica, otherwise we'll have a problem. See, my daughter does not look kindly at everyone. she sometimes wants someone in particular to hold her: namely, me or her dad. I need the one month left to work up an attachment to my daughter and the nanny. So i'm really hoping, by next week, she (nanny) will be with us already.

second, JESSICA...
Well, she's grown quite healthy already. though i'm not exclusively bfeeding her I make sure I still get some milk for her, at least to work up her antibodies a bit. it still puzzles me though that sometimes she wakes up with a cold-like sound, though by midday its gone. she won't also sleep without the A/C since its too hot for her... will ask about this on the next pedia visit. Anyways, here's some itsy bitsy trivia on her now:

- she's learning the art of Tantrums... yikes! sometimes she gets all cranky and cries and cries and cries with her super loud voice. I call it the Tiyanak mode, since her voice is soooo LOUD sometimes it can scare you (like is she sick, feeling pain, or something) with the way she cries.after she settles down though, she just sleeps.
- she's already starting to see.... she can follow a person with her eyes. I don't think she can focus that much yet, but she does know how to follow me with her eyes. can't wait till i'm much more sure that she can already see.
- she already smiles. though its still one in a few hours, seeing her smile can take out all the stress i have in me....
- We now spend less on nappy's and baby wipes. Ever since she got through the phase of using like 15 nappies in a day, its been a breather for us financially. she used to use up so much diapers and baby wipes with all her poop (like 4-5 times a day), but its now normalized to only about 2-3 times. and the baby wipes we can use around 1 in a week now, whereas before we use up 2-3 packs in a week. whew. milk consumption has gone up though, with a 900-g can being used up in a 6 days. good thing that one is free.

Just this morning I had to run out for 5 minutes and left her at home (bad mommy)... because I got a call from hubby that the caravan (the ones usually pulled by a carabao) was nearby and I might get a "duyan" there. so i ran out (but ran back immediately after too). I got her a "duyan" already, the one made from rope (quite sosy if you ask me) for 500 pesos (from 560...) its nice though its quite expensive, but the rattan ones were quite crude and I keep thinking she could get scratches there. Also got her a "Banig" for the crib, for 60 pesos.

Ok... what else. Oh, am already working on her upcoming baptism on August 5. So far, the venue for the reception and the ceremony are reserved, already have her outfit, and the guestlist is on the works. I just need to work on the souvenirs if ever I'd still have any. here's her invite, which is just DIY. its better to have it like this though since I can just email it to those I won't be able to give a hard copy to.

everyone's saying she's soo cute here. hehehe... complete with headband to. she is too cute to be true, right??? :-)

oki, guess this is all for now, hope I can get around to making more posts in the coming days.

No comments: