Thursday, October 25, 2007

getting our own house?

a few days ago hubby and i had a discussion on our plans to purchase our own house. to this effect, i remind myself that hubby and i have the same conditions to purchasing our own. For one, its not just about buying one, its important to us that the place is at least accessible, that its a house (definitely not a condo), with a parking space. I'd rather wait for a year or two more than scramble to get a place say, in Sta Maria, Bulacan, hundreds of kilometers from our workplace. I cannot imagine myself having to wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning to dress up and get home 8 or 9 in the evening because of the 2 hours travel time. NO WAY! My sister in law, who's in UK right now, is also renting an apartment with her hubby. I wonder how expensive Mortgages UK are? I mean, I know for some fact that the cost of living there is quite high. That would me mortgages may be quite high as well. Probably why they do not yet consider having a baby, at least till next year, because they need to plan there future there first if they do intend to stay there. If so, they'd be needing a good financial advisor when they do finally decide to get their own house.

No comments: