Wednesday, August 31, 2005

our home

Monday night when I visited tabs at the office (yes, para syang slave at kelangan na lang bisitahin, otherwise we'd really be meeting only on weekends!) we had a fight (again!) over his being too tired to at least be a bit jolly for me. Syempre nagtampo ko. and drama ko, work na lang lagi!!!! hmph!!! hehe so di na ko nagpahatid and rode the bus home. tamad kasi ako mag mrt because i have to walk far, i take the bus kasi pagbaba ko ng bus, jeep na lang, pagbaba ng jeep, tricycle na lang. trabahong tamad ever!
Eniway, nagsori naman si tabs past midnight when he was on his way home (huhu midnight nan naman sya umuwi). and he was going home to malabon! forgave him already of course, and texted him in the morning na sana, maghanap na kami ng apartment, para instead of visiting him in the office, I could just drop by his apartment and cook him breakfast na lang in the morning, or cook him dinner kahit di ko sya maabutan sa bahay. And he won't be too far from the office. And he agreed and pumayag na magtingin na ko nung apartment. So yesterday, I called up two of the houses on my list and said I'd drop by lunchtime.
I was at the first apartment by 12:15. Waited for the landlord. The apartment was furnished already. 8,500 yung isa, the other one, 7,500. When we entered it my jaw dropped. And sikip!!!! WAaaaah!!!!. Face to your left, sala (sala = 1 small table + 2 monobloc chairs). Face to your right, kitchen counter and ref. Facing front, bedroomm. One step inside bedroom = bed, tv, closet. Bathroom was a bit wider lang than a filing cabinet (No, I am not kidding!!!). I could not breathe, and this was the bigger unit still, the other one (7,500 was smaller pa). Furnished or not furnished, di ko matanggap na dito ko uuwi... Di naman ako choosy, I can live in a small place, pero naisip ko lang na syempre, I imagine myself sprucing up our apartment, making it homey, the way it is here at our house and the way its not at theirs. Gusto ko ng curtains, gusto ko newly painted walls and malinis na bathroom. And I want it to have enough space. 18sqm was definitely not going to make me happy.
So I moved on to the next place, this one was farther off than Boni. Plainview, Mandaluyong City. The place was a 3-storey building, has its own security, it was generally a peaceful place too. The maid of the landlady came down to show me the unit, and it was 47sqm. Newly painted, new tiles in the kitchen. Provision for aircon, 1 big bedroom (by big i mean it can fit 2 single beds. Cabinets and cupboards in place. Maayos and maluwag! Ang it only costs 6,500! Perfect!!!!
I consulted my officemates about the options, vaguely narrating to them the idea of living in a 18sqm place, and they all agreed na i should grab already the 47sqm unit, the incremental cost of having to ride the tricycle for 25 bucks per ride from edsa was just that, incremental. Kesa naman 20sqm na bahay na walking distance to edsa, dba?
I confirmed with the landlady a few hours after, kasi maiiyak talaga ko pag naunahan kami and we are forced to live in a more expensive and smaller house. I dropped by there after office and gave the reservation fee. Mabait naman yung landlady e, she was a bit older than me and she was nice.
The good news was that the unit we'll be moving into would be refurbished first! The first tenant was already staying there for 9 years, so the unit really needed a lot of repairs done. New bathroom and kitchen tiles, newly-painted walls, new door locks. When we move in it would be brand new! at no expense to us! Grabe ang saya diba! and the rent is cheaper than the 8,000 tabs was budgeting!
Tabs hasn't seen the unit yet, pero ok na sa kanya. he took my word for it na it was good for us, and I'm thankful for that. Really very, very happy. We'll be visiting it when the present tenant transfers to their other unit. saka naman kami lilipat. We haven't discussed what we need to prioritize in buying yet. Ayoko din pangunahan. hehehe... i don't really know the extent of his budget for the place. I'm just happy that it's there na. Hoping he can move in by end September. Almost same lang naman with our sked yun. Kasi we were planning to have him a place by October talaga, and since the unit will still be refurbished, and the other tenant will move out pa sept. 10, mga mid to end sept pa lilipat si tabs. weeeehhhh!!!
to tell you frankly, I lookd forward to dropping by his place and cooking him breakfast!
Here are shots of the unit (carbon copy to ng unit namin, coz I still wasn't able to check out ours kasi nga may nakatira pa). But this is basically the same unit naman. Only ours will be better and newer. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Heidi said...

hey Jenn! Congrats sa new home ninyo... Wish ko lang Charlie & I can find something as cheap here in ParaƱaque! Mukha ngang spacey (may word bang ganun?) Anyways... Good luck with your wedding preps and the new home!

dionne said...

nice! i think that's a good catch. =)

Aggie said...

it's good you are looking for a place na, naaawa ako sa sitwasyon nyo ni tabs, and edil lived in malabon before so i know it is verrrrrrry faaaaaaaarrrr.